Monday, November 26, 2007

Journal entry 5- 11/26/07 Freewriting on evaluation topic

Journal entry 5A- Reviewing what you now know...



1. I work at Starbucks so I am interested in how other coffee shops operate. I'm curious to see if places like the Coffee Bean are similar and if they offer things Starbucks does not.



2. I like the subject because it is something that I know a lot about so it won't be hard to find good information. I dislike the fact that I will be having to spend more time at work than I already do but I am excited to visit another coffee shop.



3. I usually look for strong similarities and differences so there are many possible things to evaluate. I would imagine that many people also look for these things when they are evaluating a subject.



4. Since I already spend a lot of time at Starbucks I plan on visiting the Coffee Bean and trying their products so I know what exactly what I am evaluating.





Journal entry 5B- List the details...



1. Some things that make my subject interesting are the number of people who enjoy coffee and who need it to start their days. I am also interested in learning why Starbucks has blow up like it has and why people tend to choose Starbucks coffee over other competitors. Another interesting factor might be the different products that each place has to offer and see what the big sellers at each location are,whether its frappuccinos or a food item.

No comments: